Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Using a Beat Maker to Make Trance Beats

Mannheim Steamroller is a pioneer of the new age music genre, and has continuously been producing albums for the last several decades. I am a huge fan and have picked out, in my opinion, the 5 best Mannheim Steamroller songs from their Fresh Aire I album released in 1975. This album was actually used to demo hi-fi equipment, and customers would say "I like this stereo system, but I really love the record you're playing. Who is that?" So, that's how the Fresh Aire series got its start. Each of the first four Fresh Aire albums are based on a season, and Spring is the theme for Fresh Aire I. Chip Davis said the following about it: "Vivaldi did a nice piece called the "Seasons", and this sounded like a good idea for an overall concept (since Fresh Aire I seemed very "Springish") for any albums that would come later in the series. Of course, at the onset there were no plans for a whole series. We felt we'd be doing well to get one album off the ground. In fact it was the listening public's request for "Fresh Aire II" that spurred the idea to start a series."

Jean Dubuffet
making money with photography
Dante Rossetti
affirmation de soi
Frederic Leighton

No comments:

Post a Comment