Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Vintage Dancing With The Stars!




Many may not realize it, but Dancing With The Stars performers Derek Hough and Mark Ballas have been friends since childhood, and along with Derek's sister Julianne, they performed in a pop group together!
Check out these HIGHlarious vintage stills (above)!
Ha! It's like every picture features them in a different awkward '90s style! [...]

See?! It gets sooo much better that in time, you might find yourself telling off the person who once made you feel so bad about yourself in school! All in due time!


Minnie Driver is a stunning woman and an incredible actress, but even she at one point of her life was pushed around by someone. The actress was on Ellen DeGeneres' show yesterday and she shared her own story of overcoming bullying as a pre-teen. She explained:


"I remember this new girl arrived when I was like nine years old, and I was completely happy at my school, very confident, and, for whatever reason, she decided that she needed to take me down, and for the next five years, just every single day repeatedly, it was just abusive and frightening. It wasn't until I finally realized that I could fight back and I literally smacked her, it never happened again."


Well, we can't say we condone the violence part, but courage to stand up for yourself is still commendable


She then told Ellen that years later, she was able to confront the girl who tormeneted her in her youth at a party and what she learned from her was rather surprising. She reveals:


"She was there with her husband and her kids and I got the same kind of chilled fear in my stomach when I saw her… and after a couple of drinks I went over to her and I was like, 'Can I just ask you, you remember everything that went on, right…? The systematic and repeated bullying that you inflicted on me.' Her face went white and she looked like she was going to throw up or burst into tears, and I said, 'Why did you do it?' She said, 'It was my identity… I was frightened of who you were - creative and loud and sort of gregarious - and my identity became stopping that and shutting that down in you because it was shut down in me.' That minute, I realized that she was, in a way, as damaged by what she'd done as I had felt damaged myself. It was an interesting and good moment, but I don't think everybody has that opportunity to face their aggressor later on."


No, they surely don't. We think if they did, they would encounter the same kind of thing you did - an adult who regrets their childhood immaturities and decisions.


We should always try and see the good in people, no matter who they are. You never know who they might turn out to be!


Just keep telling yourself - it gets better!


[Image via WENN.]



Information as it occurs
Gem cutting
Information as it occurs
Senior driving
Hot reports for you

No comments:

Post a Comment